Thursday, November 9, 2023

Apricity West 4

November 3, 2023 - Friday
Line Dancing to start the day off on a good foot - haha. Then back to the grind of finalizing my book. We went into the Elks for Friday Fish Fry - Rich had the fish and I had stuffed chicken breast. We were home by 6 o’clock and retired early.
 
November 4, 2023 - Saturday
I woke up at 1:30am thinking about my issue with the paperback book cover. I do some of my best problem solving in the middle of the night. So I picked up my phone and started trying different solutions I thought of - and voila! At 3am I had finished the cover and published it - all on my phone. Everytime you edit anything in Kindle Direct Publishing, it takes up to 72 hours to be reviewed and released, so waiting patiently.
 
Went for a 2-mile walk with Lu around the park. Weather is in the 80’s this weekend and then it drops to high 60’s later next week. Perfect weather. The nights get colder (40’s and 50’s) so we have a small heater to take off the chill in the morning. 
 
Went into Surprise to have lunch with John and Eileen at a new place to us - Cooper’s Hawk Winery. It was a real class act - food and wine was delicious. They are out of Chicago and this is the farthest West they have ventured. 




Our wait-person, Geraldin, was a lot of fun and had a lot of knowledge about the wines. She is in the background of this picture. 


We sampled a red from this Barrel Reserve oak barrel.


My Tai Lettuce Wraps were a party in my mouth with the peanut, red spicy, and mild green sauces.


This is the “doggy bag” they use - dated and identified! 


Living succulent art hanging.


On the way out, bought a bottle of the oak Chardonay that I had with lunch. This wine tasting bar is usually 2 deep.

  
November 5, 2023 - Sunday
Daylight Savings Time sets us two hours behind the folks back home instead of three. 

On-line church service in the morning - got to hear our new settled pastor. I like her message and delivery. Welcome, Rev. Marisa!

Not much else happening today, but we were invited over to Lu and Roger’s across the way. Fun times, conversation, and debates over a cocktail.
 
November 6, 2023 - Monday 
Danced in the morning, then lunch at the Elks for a very tasty burger. We stopped at Safeway until we realized we didn’t have the card we use and their system doesn’t allow for Tap on Apple Wallet. So back again tomorrow.
 
November 7, 2023 - Tuesday
Laundry at 7am. Then chair yoga. Then went back to Safeway with our card to do our shopping. Early in the afternoon, Lu and Roger invited us over and we looked on as they worked out a deal with an awning company who was working on their neighbor's rig. Jim, the neighbor, shared that he was starting up a band and the nearby town of Prescott has 7 recording studios! The town is very much into music. I understand they are having a concert by Jake Shimabukuro, a fabulous ukulele player! Look him up on YouTube for a real treat…
 
Played a little music ourselves - didn’t go to Dot and Harvey’s this week as they went to Albuquerque for a Western Music Convention.
 
Our friend, Tom, is a woodworker and he dropped off a bag of scraps left over from his creations. I love all the different sizes, shapes, and colors. Since I haven’t given much attention to the jigsaw puzzles in the Clubhouse, I decided to piece them together as best I could on our picnic table.


November 8, 2023 - Wednesday
Danced in the morning, then lunch at the Elks. UPS Jenny delivered a package to us and spent a few minutes to chat. Things are much more laid back here than they are back East. 
 
Rich finished up a cat which he started a few days ago. 


November 9, 2023 - Thursday
Chair yoga after a short walk with Lu earned me 356 calories today. However will I spend them? Jam session and trying out a few new songs for this year - fingers crossed. Got home from the jam to open a package - Voila! 


I was able to rectify the Spanish Version of my book in Kindle. Here is the link to check it out. 


By the way, you do not have to have a Kindle machine to read it digitally, but you will be directed to download the FREE app. The digital ebook is only $4.99, but the paperback is priced at $15.99 which is black and white inside. I highly recommend using the Kindle app to see the full beauty of the places we have traveled. And would much appreciate Reviews in Amazon. 
 
 
 

1 comment:

New England 5

August 26, 2024 - Monday First day of school here in Lee, MA.  On this first day of his sophomore year, grandson Jacob got a buckle fract...