Thursday, October 10, 2024

Apricity West 5

September 30, 2024 - Monday

After getting our winter home set up, we, of course, wanted to have lunch at the Elks. What a surprise to find that our favorite bartender was no longer there. I thought Rich was going to cry, “This changes everything!"
 
True confessions - I joined online Weight Watchers today. Been there before, but want to get healthier (and lighter) now. I enjoy tracking food; it is a distraction from eating it. I plan the meals and track the points in the app accordingly. Looking for good results.
 
Later, Dee stopped in for a cocktail and got us all caught up on North Ranch happenings through the summer months. 
 
October 1, 2024 - Tuesday
Denny and Joanne got here from Michigan a day before we did. I went into the Wickenburg Senior Center with them to play ukulele with a couple of the HUG (Hassayampa Ukulele Group). Then listened to Denny play his dobro with the Wise Owl Band, followed by a delicious salad for lunch. 
 
It is over 100 degrees during the day, so I find myself walking at 6am just as the sun is rising and temperatures are high 70’s. My sleep pattern has changed with the loss of 3 hours due to Time Zones. These are record breaking temperatures - it has never been this hot while we were here. 


October 2, 2024 - Wednesday
First day of line dancing since January and it came back to me - YAY! Good old muscle memory. There is a swamp cooler and 4 box fans keeping the dance room very cool. My knees are a little bit swollen afterwards, but the hips work great!


October 3, 2024 - Thursday 
Went to chair yoga after my walk and it really feels good to stretch! Today was the first jam of the season and it was a blast! Several folks have new instruments, and Julie’s husband came adding a new sound and rhythm with his new guitar. Joanne has a new baritone ukulele and she joined in. A guitar player from Yarnell saw our bulletin board advertising the jam and showed up. He plays rock music professionally and had never jammed before. He didn’t know any of our music, but followed the chords he could see the other guitar players playing. 
 
October 4, 2024 - Friday
Put laundry in the clubhouse washer at 6am and returned from my walk in time to move it to the dryer. We can sit outside until about 9am, then retreat into the A/C. There is a LOT of activity between 6 and 9 - walkers, bikers, pickle ballers, golf cart-ers, etc.
 
Cowgirl Dee came by for a visit before going out dancing.


October 5, 2024 - Saturday 
A looooooong, hot, boring day - no activities on my calendar for Saturdays except walking and that is at the crack of dawn. This is what fall in the desert looks like...


October 6, 2024 - Sunday
Weighed in today for the first time and it was a very good week! - motivating me to keep on going on. Went to church online after my walk. It has been 7 days since I joined WW, so we went to Nichols for dinner. I know that sounds counter intuitive, but I had wine, smoked salmon, shrimp on a skewer with grilled veggies and a baked potato while staying within my points allowed. I hadn’t used any of my weekly points yet. It was a lot and we both took home half of the meal for dinner tomorrow night. 

Had a great FaceTime call with granddaughters, Leanna and Lily ❤️❤️. Couple of cuties…


October 7, 2024 - Monday
Walk at 6, line dance at 9, and off to the brand new DG Market right here in Congress, a Dollar General with fresh produce and some meats. 
 
October 8, 2024 - Tuesday 
Today I felt a little lighter on my feet with more wind in my lungs, so I went a LITTLE BIT further on my walk. The air was a crisp 74 degrees at 6am with a breeze blowing through my hair which led me to Saguaro Park...


Nola, 94-year-old caretaker, was going about her business - watering, raking, etc. at 6:30am. She would like more help with this task. Hmmmm. 


Went to the Senior Center again for ukulele group and then on to the Elks. The new turkey wrap is delicious - dry with no sauce. And it’s low points. 
 
October 9, 2024 - Wednesday
Went another LITTLE BIT further on my walk today. I am in training for when Lu arrives so I can talk and walk. New scenery to look at and end up walking through the park. Some of the lots’ decorations:












Line danced in the morning and Nancy, friend from Wickenberg Ranch, was there. She looks great and came over for a visit afterward to catch up on things and to see Rich. 


Book club Zoom meeting in the afternoon - The Lemon Tree by Sandy Tolan. Sure am learning a lot. 
 
October 10, 2024 - Thursday
It was a rough night for me! I have a condo and a lot of friends in Florida, so you can imagine the distress over Milton, the hurricane of the century. I was checking the news every 1/2 hour to stay informed. Thankfully, I heard from my neighbor this morning that all is OK with the building, but no power and fallen trees everywhere. It was a terrifying storm - I am blessed to come out of it unscathed. Others I have heard from were very lucky as well. 
 
Much to my surprise, I walked the longest distance I have done so far without trouble. I chose not to go to chair yoga and took a rest instead. 
 
Afternoon jam was awesome. 



Until next time… tataπŸ’•
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

4 comments:

  1. As always, I enjoy your blog. The pictures are good too. Dot

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you are getting ready for Winter. A bit warm. Good luck on the WW. The dancing sounds like so much fun. Love the Halloween decorations. Enjoy every minute. Fall is in NE. Live Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoyed your activities!! Keep up the good work and thank goodness your property in Fl was ok, family and friends are all ok!! Some damage but they survived!!! πŸ™πŸ»πŸ™πŸ»

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad everything is okay in Florida πŸ’–

    ReplyDelete

Apricity West 5

September 30, 2024 - Monday After getting our winter home set up, we, of course, wanted to have lunch at the Elks. What a surprise to find ...